Cultivate entrepreneurial skills
in your classroom or at home
As educators we all know that today’s youth will need entrepreneurial skills to succeed. The future just doesn’t many middle management, lever-pulling jobs, and for children to succeed they’ll have to look at the world in a different way than we did. Whether the teens you work with want to be athletes, bankers, or computer programmers, learning the ABC’s of entrepreneurship will help them to shape their own futures!
Rising Innovator is ready to help your school whether you want to teach our free Business Innovation Journey™ course or want more assistance. We have created a unique curriculum that helps adolescents develop entrepreneurial skills.
It doesn’t matter whether your child wants to be
An athlete, an architect, or an artist…
A banker, a baker, or a ballerina…
A chef, a CEO, or a computer scientist…
learning the ABC’s of entrepreneurship will help your child to shape their own futures!
This fall you can enroll your classroom or your student in our Business Innovation Journey™, an online adventure in which they will build actual businesses around their interests. Working in collaboration with other kids around their own ages, they will be led through the processes that actual entrepreneurs use to identify opportunities and innovate. This 15-week course teaches the following key competencies of entrepreneurship:
- Creativity and Problem Solving, the creative skills and impulses to identify opportunities and solve them.
- Teamwork, a vital skill for success in any venture
- Entrepreneurial Mindset, such as building character and perseverance
- Leadership, including such skills as planning, organizing, self-analysis, management of self and others
- Empathy and Ethics, including how understanding people can help turn their problems into sales
- Market Analysis, including defining the market for a product or service and potential the competition
- Marketing Strategy, learning how to best reach your customers
- Finances, such as understanding profitability, cost/price, planning and management, and financial reports
- Launching a Startup, we will teach the Lean Startup Method to help the children prototype and test their ideas
- Presentation, success doesn’t just come from having a great idea, but also requires clear and effective communication
Our course was developed by experienced educators in partnership with multiple experienced entrepreneurs and has won rave reviews for being both fun and effective. Built atop the Montessori method of education, it is an experiential learning opportunity unlike any other.
The Business Innovation Journey™ course launched last year with school partnerships all over the US, and now we’ve expanded our offerings. This fall we are launching an upgraded second version of our course, though the original version will remain free.
Here is a description of the different versions of our Business Innovation Journey™ course:
|Business Innovation Journey™ Lite||Free!||Downloadable materials for the complete course including power points, instructor notes, and handouts. (Note: free course is 1 session shorter)|
|Business Innovation Journey™ Web||$200/student up to a maximum of $1500/classroom|| Everything in the Lite course plus:
|Business Innovation Journey™ Guided||$300/student up to a maximum of $2500/classroom||Everything in the Web course but led by one of our master/mentor teachers.|
Quick facts about Business Innovation Journey™
- For teens aged 12 to 17
- 15 weeks long
- Online course meeting once a week for 1 hour each session (Web and Guided only)
- Team based, students will create small groups to pursue business ideas
- Free downloadable materials, reasonable prices for Web or Guided options
Why did we create the Business Innovation Journey™?
The future belongs to people who can look at the world and figure out how to change it. An entrepreneur sees beyond a problem in the world into the opportunity that lurks beyond it. The skills that allowed Steve Jobs and Henry Ford to revolutionize society are the same that any activist or artist needs to thrive in our information driven age. At Rising Innovator, we know the world belongs to young innovators. Changemakers. Trailblazers. Leaders. Those that come up with ideas that make our lives better, in ways both big and small.
Research has shown that adolescents who learn about entrepreneurship benefit from:
- developing creativity and collaboration skills.
- identifying and recognizing problems and thus, adapting to changes.
- developing resilience and perseverance.
This short 15-session course is structured to inspire, educate, mentor, and support young entrepreneurs with the tools and information designed to help them start and run a successful business.
Ready to download the free lite course? Click here!
Ready to enroll a child? Click here!
Interested in learning more? Please fill out the form below to find out more about how you can use this course in your classroom or how it may benefit your child:
The Cottonwood High School,
El Dorado Hills, CA
Already have access to the Web or Guided course?