Do you have a sweet tooth for success? Consider starting your very own bulk candy vending business. This type of business can be part-time or full time, depending on your time and motivation to provide a convenient sweet treat to passing customers.
- Easy Semi Passive Income – Once you set up your vending machines, all you need to do is check on them every week or so to empty the coins and refill the candy.
- Cash Only Business – So no card processing fees, this business builds with loose change.
- Build Local Business Relationships – Get connected to your community by building great relationships with other small local businesses in your area.
- Requires quite a bit of travel – this is not a home-based business. You’ll need to travel around town on a constant regime to serve your candy vending route.
- Larger Profits depends on Scale – One machine can earn you $10-$15 a week depending on the location. In order to make great profits, you’ll need to run and service a lot of machines over time.
How to get started:
NOTE: Before you start your business, you should read the page on this website entitled “things to think about before you get started.” After you have taken the preliminary steps for starting any business, you can take the specific steps outlined below.
First step to starting your own candy vending machine business is to look for opportunities at other businesses that may want to host your candy machines. Build relationships with these business owners. Offer them a share of your candy machine business profit in exchange for allowing you to put your machines in their store.
Once you feel confident that you have enough interested candy machine hosts, do some research regarding the costs of starting this business. Consider business permits, machine prices, inventory and operation costs. You can start with only one machine and build from there.
Buy candy machines and bulk candy. VendStar Vending Machines are a great place to start to test your idea. Set up your machine at the selected location and wait on those sweet profits.
Refill your candy and collect your profits on a regular basis. Don’t forget to settle your sharing agreements with your vending hosts and check on your machines for maintenance issues.
Repeat steps three and four to grow your business. You can run a fantastic, profitable candy vending business with little startup cost.
Taking it to the next level:
Starting a candy vending business could be a sweet way to earn some extra coin. Why stop there? You can vend stickers, toys and even sell goodie bags for corporate events or parties! You will be on your way to becoming the next Willy Wonka.