You’re trying to get attention for your business. You’re on Instagram. Maybe you’re also on Facebook and Twitter.
Social media is great. But your business also needs a great-looking logo and a creative tagline or slogan to make your social media marketing worth your time.
Design a Great Logo
Customers should be able to tell what you do just by looking at your logo. Your logo should give possible customers a great first impression of your business. Use software like Photoshop to design your own logo.
Before you begin, write one sentence about your business. This can be a mission statement or a sentence that tells how you help your customers. Use this sentence to guide how you design your logo.
Here are some other logo tips:
- Check out the logos of other businesses in your industry.
- Make it simple. Make it clean. And make it work. A great logo is easy to reproduce, memorable and distinctive.
- Use your logo to show off your business’ most important and/or unique benefit.
- Limit your colors. Try to use no more than 3 colors.
- Protect your logo. Trademark your logo to protect it from use by other companies. You can apply for a trademark at the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Web site.
Create an awesome slogan
What makes a slogan memorable? Something that represents your brand and is easy to remember.
Here are some slogan tips:
- Keep it short and simple. Your slogan should be 10 words or less.
- Be consistent. Make sure your slogan fits the style and tone of your logo, business name, and your business’ image and/or reputation.
- Get help. Your friends, customers and social media followers can help you create a great slogan. Use Facebook’s poll feature to get opinions from your followers. Use Twitter to host a slogan contest with a designated hashtag to track entries. Or use free tagline generators, like Sloganizer.net or SloganGenerator.org.