You’re most likely familiar with TikTok, one of the most popular social media platforms. If you are on TikTok, you probably use it for fun but have you thought of using it for income? You may be able to become a digital marketer using TikTok.
You may not be an expert in business but, believe it or not, you may know more about using TikTok than a lot of successful business people. Video marketing has quickly become one of the most popular types of digital marketing, and TikTok is an excellent platform for that.
What is video marketing?
Video Marketing is when you market your business or brand using video channels such as YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram Reels, and TikTok.
How to get started
NOTE: Before you start your business, you should read the page on this website entitled “things to think about before you get started.” After you have taken the preliminary steps for starting any business, you can take the specific steps outlined below.
The how to’s of TikTok marketing:
First, you have to set up a free TikTok account. Be sure to add a photo of your logo or professional headshot. Second, complete your bio thoroughly by including what you do and links to your Instagram business channel and YouTube channel, if you have one.
As soon as you grow your account to 1,000 followers, you can add a link to your bio. This link may be a link to your website or Linktree.
2. How to grow your TikTok channel
Do a search on TikTok for others in your industry. Start by following them, and chances are they will follow you in return. Next, find your family, friends, and clients on the platform and follow them as well. Finally, share your channel on your other social media channels and encourage others to follow you there as well.
3. How to create videos on TikTok
You can create videos using the app. You can add still photos and allow the app to create a video using those. You can add captions, music, and close captioning.
You can also create videos using other apps. There are free apps such as Boosted, Film Maker, Moviepic, Youcut, and PowerDirector that you can download to your mobile device. However, like Instagram, posts can only be made to TikTok through a mobile device. You can not add posts with your laptop or computer.
4. How do customers find you through video marketing?
When someone enters a search about a particular subject on Google or the TikTok app, it will come up in the search. Video marketing is an easy way for people to find you online and is one of the most prominent digital marketing trends of 2022.
- Create videos that are appealing to the eyes. Add movement, lights, and music.
- Use a mixture of videos on your channel. Alternate between videos with a lot of movement and videos of you speaking about your business or brand.
- Post daily. To stay on top of TikTok’s algorithms, you want to post seven days a week. TikTok will share your posts with more people the more frequently you post.
- Communicate with your followers. Check out their channels and comment on their posts. When someone comments on your post, be sure to respond. Check your channel daily to respond to comments.
Taking it to the next level:
Use the most popular TikTok sounds and hashtags that are currently trending. They change a lot but if you can take a sound and apply it to your marketing posts, you’re more likely to get higher viewership. Even something as simple as putting a popular song in the background of a text will get picked up by TikTok’s algorithm.